Who is Insurity? Where are they headquartered?
Insurity is headquartered in Hartford, CT, and is a provider of core insurance processing and data integration and analysis solutions Insurity’s solutions are backed by rich insurance expertise and are in production with over 200 insurers, processing billions of dollars of premium each month. Insurity’s solutions address the needs of all carriers – from 15 of the Top 20 insurers to small or regional commercial, personal, or specialty lines writers, as well as MGAs.
- Founded: 1985
- Headquarters: Hartford, CT
- Additional offices in Hartland, WI, Nashua, NH, Red Wing, MN and Dallas, TX
- Employees: 800+
- Loyal, Blue-Chip Client Base
- In production at 15 of top 20 U.S. Insurers
- Customer base of 224+
- 20+ year client relationships
Who is Valen Analytics and where are they headquartered?
Founded in 2004, Valen specializes in predictive modeling. Valen’s InsureRight Platform leverages a suite of tools to provide insurers with a proprietary set of underwriting and insurance predictive analytics in addition to access to immense external and contributory data assets.
Valen Analytics is based in Denver, CO.
What are the benefits of the acquisition?
This acquisition will provide the business and all of us with opportunities we wouldn’t have otherwise had.
Valen customers gain the backing of an organization with significant financial resources and access to a broader portfolio of solutions, such as Insurance Enterprise View, an award winning data and analytics solution that compliments and advances our predictive modeling capability. Significant cross-sell opportunities exist across Insurity’s large customer base, and there is opportunity to further leverage the current synergy with Tropics and our investment in the workers’ comp market.
Our combined company will offer distinct value in the following areas:
- The power of best in class predictive modeling capability
- The unique benefit of a consortium of data assets
- The capability to embed the power of the predictive modeling within the UW workflow and integrated into the policy system
Valen provides Insurity with a leading predictive analytics capability – P&C insurance carriers are increasingly looking towards predictive analytics to help drive better decision making, and this capability is increasingly a factor in new software suite buying decisions. Valen’s growth will also accelerate as InsureRight is packaged into PD Evolution sales.
- Combined company becomes one of the largest global P&C insurance software & services vendors
- 800+ employees
- 224+ customers
- Outstanding financial strength and stability
- $165M+ revenues, over 80% recurring
- Substantial and growing profitability
- Wide range of software & services
- Industry leading ISO and NCCI bureau and compliance reporting
- Most widely used global marine cargo solution
- Policy, claims and billing solutions for insurers of all sizes, MGAs, Brokers and Self-Insureds
- Proven Workers Compensations solution
- Compelling agent portal and underwriting workstation tools
- ACORD-based Insurance Enterprise View data solution
- Powerful modern analytics tool
- Best in class predictive modeling and data assets
Will the company name change?
Valen will retain its name with the organization operating as ‘Valen Analytics, an Insurity company.’
When was the deal announced?
A public announcement was made on January 26, 2017.
How will the management and operations of the companies change?
Valen will operate as an independent subsidiary of Insurity, reporting through Oceanwide. While there are unique synergies between the two organizations, we believe it is imperative that Valen retain its ability to operate independently while leveraging Oceanwide and Insurity where appropriate.
Will any offices be closing?
No. All offices for Insurity, Tropics and Oceanwide will remain open.