Looking to innovate and transform an industry? You’ve just found the perfect opportunity.
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on our unique industry-wide contributory data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers.
InsureRight is Valen’s hosted software platform built on virtualization and containerization technologies with a modern service-based messaging architecture that is scalable and continuously deployable. InsureRight enables Valen customers to govern data, host predictive analytic models for real-time integration into business workflows and monitor overall performance of predictive analytics for our customers.
The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
As a QA automation Engineer, you will be responsible for working with our product development team to ensure we are delivering reliable, quality solution to our customers.
By joining Valen you will have the opportunity to help build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization.
We are committed to implementing continuous delivery best practices for the InsureRight platform. As a QA Automation Engineer at Valen you will play a key role in this effort with responsibilities for developing and maintaining test automation and pipeline management for all production deployments. You will work with software engineering, product management, subject matter experts, customer engagement managers, and systems administration to ensure that we are providing our customers with highly sustainable solutions with a continuous deployment cadence.
The QA Automation Engineering role will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Product/Operations.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related educational experience, or related professional experience
- Experience with the following
- Test Automation (Karma, Protractor, Selenium)
- CI systems (Jenkins)
- Data Base (MS SQL, Postgres, Mongo)
- Strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience developing, testing, or deploying Production Systems/Software
- Experience with products focused on data, big data, analytics, decision management, and/or predictive analytics
- Experience with Puppet or other deployment automation tools is nice to have
- Ability to understand business needs and develop solutions when challenging situation arise
- Flourish in a highly cross-functional environment
- Self-reliant and able to research and solve problems
- Experience with agile development and delivery processes
- Outstanding follow-up
- Honest/high integrity
- Self-starter and proactive
- Sense of urgency
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, with software product development work experience
Experience in predictive analytics, numerical analysis, data modeling, or data warehousing a plus.
- Limited travel to clients, prospects, and partners.
Valen builds data consortiums and predictive models that help insurance companies select and price insurance policies. Valen’s primary product, InsureRight Platform, allows insurers to seamlessly integrate predictive analytics into their workflows to improve underwriting profits. InsureRight includes the following components:
- Batch: A data acquisition and governance tool for all data needed in the customers solution
- Predict: A risk selection and pricing tool for underwriters
- Manage: A portfolio management tool for executives and underwriting managers
Valen serves the following insurance lines of business: workers’ compensation, commercial auto, commercial package, business owner policy (BOP), personal auto and homeowners.
The Valen Team
Valen’s mission is to help our clients achieve their goals and solve problems by leveraging data to make more informed decisions.
Members of the Valen team live our core values. If this matches the environment you are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you.
Guide Customer Success: We relentlessly pursue making our customers successful.
Live the Golden Rule: We treat our customers, employees, vendors and shareholders how we expect to be treated as customers, employees, vendors and shareholders…period.
Be Agile: Valen is a test and learn environment. We organize everything we do around our customer’s success to provide something of value quickly. We learn and then adapt. Then, we learn some more
Have Fun: We have great attitudes and we have FUN. We do not take ourselves too seriously, we celebrate our successes and we enjoy our work. Most of all, we live passionately.
Embrace Simplicity: We endeavor to make EVERYTHING we provide our customers ridiculously easy.
Expect Ownership: At Valen we take responsibility for our actions and we build trusting relationships by making and meeting our commitments.
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org