Join a high performing and rapidly growing team
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on our unique industry-wide contributory data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers. By joining Valen you will have the opportunity to help build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for helping the Valen delivery team in deploying solutions for our customers. This includes both product development and implementation efforts for getting customers live on Valen’s SaaS platform, InsureRight. The ideal candidate will understand the twists and turns of early stage companies and will thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Remove blocks and impediments from the team
- Facilitate scrum activities such as daily standup, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Coach the team on Agile best practices to ensure quality and on-time delivery including test driven development, test automation, continuous delivery, etc.
- Help Engagement Managers (Product Owners) make sure the backlog is in good shape and develop short term and long term release plans
- Shield the team from outside distractions
- Report progress and metrics to Valen team members including the Valen leadership team
- Servant leader who truly believes in making the team successful above themselves
- Strong communicator
- Understands the value of iterative, incremental value creation
- Inspiration to others
- Knowledge of Agile frameworks such as scrum, Kanban, and others from which to draw practices that can be leveraged to help make the team successful
- Knowledge of metrics related to agile and use of them to report back to Valen team members at all levels including the Valen leadership team
- 3+ years of Scrum/Agile management
- 4-year college degree
Valen builds data consortiums and predictive models that help insurance companies select and price insurance policies. Valen’s primary product, InsureRight Platform, allows insurers to improve underwriting profits. InsureRight includes two components:
- Manage: A portfolio management tool for executives and underwriting managers
- Predict: A risk selecction and pricing tool for underwriters
Valen serves the following insurance lines of business: workers’ compensation, commercial auto, commercial package, business owner policy (BOP), personal auto and homeowners.
The Valen Team
Valen’s mission is to help our clients achieve their goals and solve problems by leveraging data to make more informed decisions.
Members of the Valen team live our core values. If this matches the environment you are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you.
Guide Customer Success: We relentlessly pursue making our customers successful.
Live the Golden Rule: We treat our customers, employees, vendors and shareholders how we expect to be treated as customers, employees, vendors and shareholders…period.
Be Agile: Valen is a test and learn environment. We organize everything we do around our customer’s success to provide something of value quickly. We learn and then adapt. Then, we learn some more.
Have Fun: We have great attitudes and we have FUN. We do not take ourselves too seriously, we celebrate our successes and we enjoy our work. Most of all, we live passionately.
Embrace Simplicity: We endeavor to make EVERYTHING we provide our customers ridiculously easy.
Expect Ownership: At Valen we take responsibility for our actions and we build trusting relationships by making and meeting our commitments.
Submit your resume to: email@example.com