Join a high performing and rapidly growing team
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on Valen’s unique industry-wide consortium data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers. If you want to help build an industry-changing company and you thrive in a fast paced environment where the only rule is to WOW customers, colleagues and shareholders, then we encourage you to submit your resume. This is not a job. It is an opportunity to advance your career by helping to build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
The Services and Implementation Project Manager will report directly to the VP of Services. You will be an integral part of Valen’s product development and delivery teams, working closely and collaboratively with Valen insurance domain experts, data analysts, engineers and customers. You will manage the process of developing highly robust predictive models that provide significant and measurable results for our customers. Additionally, you will partner with the sales and marketing teams to steward the delivery of modeling proof-of-concepts and retro-tests, as well as to help shape and deliver compelling product performance reads, product and concept education, and value proposition messaging.
As a Project Manager, drive business value delivery to clients:
- Manage projects independently with limited supervision.
- Manage all facets of multiple projects, in accordance with traditional and Agile project management methodologies.
- Manage the development and implementation process of a company’s products and/or services.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams.
- Manage project from initiation through implementation and delivery.
- Provide planning and direction on schedules and monitoring budget/spending.
- Guide projects thru to completion on time, with agreed upon scope, within budget, and meeting and/or exceeding quality standards
- Monitors project scope and baseline to ensure delivery is compliant with internal metrics.
- Develops project plan and schedule, agreement and proposal and ensures timely completion of projects, within budget.
- Manages aspects of the project including but limited to research, analysis, documentation, design/development, testing, negotiation, problem resolution, training, status reporting, implementation, deliverables, project closing and post-rollout review/audit.
- Communicated, reviews, and ensures adherence to project requirements.
- Manages project issues and risks (technical and non-technical) through identification, evaluation, tracking, communication and mediation.
- Develops and presents project documentation with all project stakeholders.
- Obtains needed resources, establishes project team and delegates individual responsibilities.
- Manage the approval / signature process for project deliverables
- Maintain document repositories and ensure project artifacts are prepared for external audits
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Track and update project issue and risk logs, including tracking completion of issue resolution
- Engage with clients and ensure client issues are tracked and resolved
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Consulting and client engagement/ownership demonstrated competencies:
- Creativity, developing practical, implementable solutions for challenging business problems
- Capable listener, identifying client business problems and synthesizing into a delivery solution
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Statement of Work development
- Relational qualities, promoting solid client relationships
Project management/oversight/budgeting/contracting knowledge and skill sets:
- Project management discipline and tools
- Agile product management experience a plus
- Client-specific budget preparation, spend tracking, and billing
Other pluses include:
- 3+ years consulting company experience with end-to-end project management responsibility
- Predictive modeling knowledge
- Commercial Insurance knowledge
- Exposure to product development environments, prior managing of development resources, high level of exposure to direct clients and managing communications and direct day to day client engagement
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- A good sense of humor
- The opening is in Denver, Colorado, and will require occasional travel to clients, prospects, and partners.
- Travel approximately 10-15%
The Valen Team
Members of the Valen team possess the following attributes of Valen’s core values. If this matches the environment you are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Market and results focused, taking initiative in an unstructured environment and influencing positive change
- Team-oriented, collaboratively supporting and enabling the success of others
- An effective and direct communicator, challenging ideas while remaining open-minded and valuing diversity of thought
- Willing to give and receive productive feedback and to hold your colleagues (subordinates and superiors alike) accountable
Able to Wow
- Creative and innovative, a true problem-solver, generating new and exciting ideas and high-value solutions
- Focused on exceeding expectations, striving for flawless execution
- An overachiever
- Honest, demonstrating integrity and trust, and assuming positive intent
- Show others respect and always strive to do the right thing
- Enjoy the work you do and always approach it with a positive attitude
- Ready to work hard and play hard
Submit your resume to: email@example.com