Join a high performing and rapidly growing team
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on Valen’s unique industry-wide consortium data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers. If you want to help build an industry-changing company and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where the only rule is to WOW customers, colleagues and shareholders, then we encourage you to submit your resume. This is not a job. It is an opportunity to advance your career by helping to build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
Valen is seeking candidates with strong enterprise software development backgrounds to join our software engineering team. We are looking for bright, motivated software engineers who love computer science engineering, are willing to test, learn, and grow with the Valen team, and do whatever it takes to make our customers successful.
The engineering team is expanding our InsureRight platform. InsureRight is Valen’s hosted software platform built on virtualization and containerization technologies with a modern service-based messaging architecture that is scalable and continuously deployable. InsureRight enables Valen customers to govern data and host predictive analytic models for real-time integration into business workflows.
- Contribute to the design and development of our InsureRight platform
- Support and maintain our customer deployments
- Employ Functional Programming paradigm, coach, mentor, and learn with the team
- Continuous Delivery
- Agile Software Development
- Test-Driven Development
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or other field, with significant software engineering work experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering a plus
- Experience in predictive analytics, numerical analysis, data modeling, or data warehousing a plus.
- Limited travel to clients, prospects and partners.
Valen builds data consortiums and predictive models that help insurance companies select and price insurance policies. Valen’s primary product, InsureRight Platform, allows insurers to improve underwriting profits. InsureRight includes two components:
- Manage: A portfolio management tool for executives and underwriting managers
- Predict: A risk selection and pricing tool for underwriters
Valen serves the following insurance lines of business: workers’ compensation, commercial auto, commercial package, business owner policy (BOP), personal auto and homeowners.
The Valen Team
Valen’s mission is to help our clients achieve their goals and solve problems by leveraging data to make more informed decisions. Members of the Valen team possess the following attributes of Valen’s core values. If this matches the environment you are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Entrepreneurial – Market and results focused, taking initiative in an unstructured environment and influencing positive change. Team-oriented, collaboratively supporting and enabling the success of others.
- Direct – An effective and direct communicator, challenging ideas while remaining open-minded and valuing diversity of thought. Willing to give and receive productive feedback and to hold your colleagues (subordinates and superiors alike) accountable.
- Able to wow – Creative and innovative, a true problem-solver, generating new and exciting ideas and high-value solutions. Focused on exceeding expectations, striving for flawless execution. An overachiever.
- Principled – Honest, demonstrating integrity and trust, and assuming positive intent. Show others respect and always strive to do the right thing.
- Fun – Enjoy the work you do and always approach it with a positive attitude. Ready to work hard and play hard.
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org