Join a high performing and rapidly growing team
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on Valen’s unique industry-wide consortium data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers. If you want to help build an industry-changing company and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where the only rule is to WOW customers, colleagues and shareholders, then we encourage you to submit your resume. This is not a job. It is an opportunity to advance your career by helping to build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
We are currently looking to fill the following position based out of our Denver office:
Senior Sales Executive
Up to a new challenge in one of the most attractive Direct Sales roles in this country? The Sr. Sales Executive will report directly to the Chief Sales Officer and will be an integral part of Valen’s dynamic sales team. The successful candidate must have an outstanding track record of new account sales of complex technology, data and/or analytics preferably into P&C insurance carriers.
The Sr. Sales Executive must have a strong understanding of predictive analytics as applied to the insurance industry plus a passion to sell the products in compelling ways. You must be able to effectively communicate these new technologies and approaches in ways that are understandable and compelling. The successful candidate will coordinate all Valen activities and resources necessary to effectively close deals. You will be responsible to contribute input into sales materials, collateral and presentations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Generate new account sales of Valen’s products and associated services for P&C insurance carriers as well as upgrade and renewal opportunities with existing clients
- Manage entire sales process from initial contact through opportunity and contract closing
- Build and maintain an active and robust pipeline that yields on-target or better sales productivity
What you’ll need:
- Managing multi-party/multi-constituency selling environments, preferably insurance
- Experience selling to senior executives / C-suite
- Latent needs selling and ability to create ‘budget’ vs. spending ‘budget’
- ‘Business case’ selling (building clear value proposition and ROI based on business impact) with expertise in ‘Pilot to Production’ sales cycles
- Prospecting / Hunting to discover client needs
- Proven abilities in both solution and consultative selling – selling consulting services AND technology/software
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, IT/Computer Sciences or Business
- Proficient in CRM (preferably SalesForce.com)
- Strong written and visual presentation skills
- Ability to travel (approximately 35%)
What you’ll get:
RTD EcoPass | Collaborative Culture | Competitive Salary
Flexible Hours | Growth Opportunities | Generous Time Off
Comprehensive Benefits | 401K Matching | Great Location
At Valen we look for people who possess the following attributes:
- Entrepreneurial – Market and results focused, taking initiative in an unstructured environment and influencing positive change. Team-oriented, collaboratively supporting and enabling the success of others.
- Direct – An effective and direct communicator, challenging ideas while remaining open-minded and valuing diversity of thought. Willing to give and receive productive feedback and to hold your colleagues (subordinates and superiors alike) accountable.
- Able to wow – Creative and innovative, a true problem-solver, generating new and exciting ideas and high-value solutions. Focused on exceeding expectations, striving for flawless execution. An overachiever.
- Principled – Honest, demonstrating integrity and trust, and assuming positive intent. Show others respect and always strive to do the right thing.
- Fun – Enjoy the work you do and always approach it with a positive attitude. Ready to work hard and play hard.
Does Valen sound like the right place for you? If yes, then submit your application today for immediate consideration. Send your resume as well as a synopsis of your most significant direct sales accomplishments in the past two years to: email@example.com