Join a high performing and rapidly growing team
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on Valen’s unique industry-wide consortium data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers. If you want to help build an industry-changing company and you thrive in a fast paced environment where the only rule is to WOW customers, colleagues and shareholders, then we encourage you to submit your resume. This is not a job. It is an opportunity to advance your career by helping to build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
If you are up to the challenge for one of the most attractive Direct Sales roles in this country, send us your resume along with a synopsis of your most significant direct sales accomplishments in the past two years. The Sr. Sales Executive will report directly to the Chief Sales Officer and will be an integral part of Valen’s dynamic sales team. The successful candidate must have an outstanding track record of new account sales of complex technology, data and/or analytics preferably into P&C insurance carriers.
The Sr. Sales Executive will generate new account sales of Valen’s products and associated services for P&C insurance carriers as well as upgrade and renewal opportunities with existing clients. The Sr. Sales Executive has primary responsibility for managing the entire sales process from initial contact through opportunity and contract closing. You must be able to build and maintain an active and robust pipeline that yields on-target or better sales productivity.
The Sr. Sales Executive must have a strong understanding of predictive analytics as applied to the insurance industry plus a passion to sell the products in compelling ways. You must be able to effectively communicate these new technologies and approaches in ways that are understandable and compelling. The successful candidate will coordinate all Valen activities and resources necessary to effectively close deals. You will be responsible to contribute input into sales materials, collateral and presentations.
- Working knowledge of Workers Comp & Homeowners insurance
- Working knowledge of data analytics technology & applications
- Basic understanding of corporate governance, budgeting, financials, etc.
- Can perform effective discovery
- Ongoing Learning/research orientation
- Organization/Time Management – highly organized and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, quickly and efficiently while maintaining the highest quality
- Ability to work independently – but able to work effectively in a collaborative selling environment
- Ability to flourish in a highly cross-functional environment
- Desire to learn and understand complex topics
- Customer focused
- Honest/high integrity
- Self-starter and proactive with a sense of urgency
- Problem solver
Education & Experience
- Managing multi-party/multi-constituency selling environments, preferably insurance
- Selling to senior executives / C-suite
- Latent needs selling and ability to create ‘budget’ vs. spending ‘budget’
- ‘Business case’ selling (building clear value proposition and ROI based on business impact) with expertise in ‘Pilot to Production’ sales cycles
- Prospecting / Hunting to discover client needs
- Proven abilities in both solution and consultative selling – selling consulting services AND technology/software
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, IT/Computer Sciences or Business
- Proficient in CRM (preferably SalesForce.Com)
- Strong written and visual presentation skills
- Understanding prospects true need (vs. their stated need)
- Identifying and presenting solutions that solve specific and measurable customer problems that justify the investment required to solve them
- Continuous professional development (actively investing in your own selling skill development.)
- Financially motivated
- Approximately 35%
The Valen Team
Members of the Valen team possess the following attributes of Valen’s core values. If this matches the environment you are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Market and results focused, taking initiative in an unstructured environment and influencing positive change
- Team-oriented, collaboratively supporting and enabling the success of others
- An effective and direct communicator, challenging ideas while remaining open-minded and valuing diversity of thought
- Willing to give and receive productive feedback and to hold your colleagues (subordinates and superiors alike) accountable
Able to Wow
- Creative and innovative, a true problem-solver, generating new and exciting ideas and high-value solutions
- Focused on exceeding expectations, striving for flawless execution
- An overachiever
- Honest, demonstrating integrity and trust, and assuming positive intent
- Show others respect and always strive to do the right thing
- Enjoy the work you do and always approach it with a positive attitude
- Ready to work hard and play hard
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org