Looking to innovate and transform an industry? You’ve just found the perfect opportunity.
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on Valen’s unique industry-wide consortium data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers. If you want to help build an industry-changing company and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where the only rule is to WOW customers, colleagues and shareholders, then we encourage you to submit your resume. This is not a job. It is an opportunity to advance your career by helping to build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for working with and leading our product development team in alignment with our market strategy for expanding the Valen InsureRight platform.
InsureRight is Valen’s hosted software platform built on virtualization and containerization technologies with a modern service-based messaging architecture that is scalable and continuously deployable. InsureRight enables Valen customers to govern data, host predictive analytic models for real-time integration into business workflows and monitor the overall performance of predictive analytics for our customers.
- Understand end user needs and work with the product team to bring that value to the market
- Prioritize and groom the backlog for the product development team to give them clear direction and definition on value delivery
- Communicate the value of the InsureRight platform to everyone – internally and externally
- Loves building and delivering software solutions that provide value to our customers
- Ability to understand technical concepts and how to leverage them
- Ability to prioritize and communicate value that the team needs to deliver
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional team interaction between product, services, sales, and marketing
- Continuous Delivery
- Agile Software Development
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, with significant software product management work experience
- Experience in predictive analytics, numerical analysis, data modeling, or data warehousing a plus.
- Limited travel to clients, prospects and partners.
Valen builds data consortiums and predictive models that help insurance companies select and price insurance policies. Valen’s primary product, InsureRight Platform, allows insurers to improve underwriting profits. InsureRight includes two components:
- Manage: A portfolio management tool for executives and underwriting managers
- Predict: A risk selection and pricing tool for underwriters
Valen serves the following insurance lines of business: workers’ compensation, commercial auto, commercial package, business owner policy (BOP), personal auto and homeowners.
The Valen Team
Valen’s mission is to help our clients achieve their goals and solve problems by leveraging data to make more informed decisions. Members of the Valen team possess the following attributes of Valen’s core values. If this matches the environment you are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Entrepreneurial – Market and results focused, taking initiative in an unstructured environment and influencing positive change. Team-oriented, collaboratively supporting and enabling the success of others.
- Direct – An effective and direct communicator, challenging ideas while remaining open-minded and valuing diversity of thought. Willing to give and receive productive feedback and to hold your colleagues (subordinates and superiors alike) accountable.
- Able to wow – Creative and innovative, a true problem-solver, generating new and exciting ideas and high-value solutions. Focused on exceeding expectations, striving for flawless execution. An overachiever.
- Principled – Honest, demonstrating integrity and trust, and assuming positive intent. Show others respect and always strive to do the right thing.
- Fun – Enjoy the work you do and always approach it with a positive attitude. Ready to work hard and play hard.
Submit your resume to: email@example.com