Join a high performing and rapidly growing team
Valen provides data, analytics, and predictive modeling for the commercial insurance companies (this is a fancy way of saying insurance companies depend on our groundbreaking technology to grow their business).
Valen Analytics was acquired by Insurity in 2017. Insurity is a leader in the insurance solutions market. Being part of Insurity has enhanced Valen’s solid reputation and stability.
We are currently looking to fill the following position based out of our Denver office:
Business Development Marketing Specialist
We are looking for a Business Development Marketing Specialist to join our growing sales team.
Our ideal candidate is someone with previous outbound prospecting experience but we are willing to train someone with the right motivation and attitude.
If you are positive, outgoing and a creative problem-solver Valen may be the right home for you.
About this position:
As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for using the phone, email, and social media to introduce Valen to potential new customers and set meetings for our experienced Account Executives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Increasing top of funnel opportunities for Account Executives by prospecting, calling and setting first meetings.
- Utilizing an Account Based Marketing strategy to research and nurture a highly qualified target audience via email and social.
- Using research skills to stay current with P&C insurance industry trends and sharing those discoveries with our target audience.
- Assist in creating a robust pipeline that yields on-target or better sales productivity for Account Executives.
Who we’re looking for:
- A self-starter who is detail-oriented and comfortable setting appointments with senior and C-level executives.
- A creative thinker with strong research abilities.
- Interest in sales and marketing and a desire to learn.
- Experience with prospecting and cold calling a plus.
- Experience with sales enablement tools preferred (i.e. Salesforce and SalesLoft).
- Strong written and visual presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
What’s in it for you?
- A people-focused culture where fun is the norm
- Flexible work environment that offers summer hours and the ability to work from home
- Working for an established and stable company growing their sales team
- Training and coaching to support your success
- Office in the heart of LoDo with easy (and free) access to public transportation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and unlimited PTO
- A fast-paced yet collaborative environment with open & honest leadership
Compensation includes a base salary as well as monthly bonus opportunities.
The Valen Team
Valen’s mission is to help our clients achieve their goals and solve problems by leveraging data to make more informed decisions.
Guide Customer Success: We relentlessly pursue making our customers successful.
Live the Golden Rule: We treat our customers, employees, vendors and shareholders how we expect to be treated as customers, employees, vendors and shareholders…period.
Be Agile: Valen is a test and learn environment. We organize everything we do around our customer’s success to provide something of value quickly. We learn and then adapt. Then, we learn some more.
Have Fun: We have great attitudes and we have FUN. We do not take ourselves too seriously, we celebrate our successes and we enjoy our work. Most of all, we live passionately.
Embrace Simplicity: We endeavor to make EVERYTHING we provide our customers ridiculously easy.
Expect Ownership: At Valen we take responsibility for our actions and we build trusting relationships by making and meeting our commitments.