Join a high performing and rapidly growing team
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on Valen’s unique industry-wide consortium data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers. If you want to help build an industry-changing company and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where the only rule is to WOW customers, colleagues and shareholders, then we encourage you to submit your resume. This is not a job. It is an opportunity to advance your career by helping to build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
We are currently looking to fill the following position in our Denver, CO office:
Valen Analytics is looking for a Data Engineer to expand our growing data processing needs. We are looking for candidates with at least 2 years of experience, who demonstrate a curious analytical mind with ability to understand business objectives, ask insightful questions, and be detail oriented in implementation.
As a Data Engineer, you will work with customers, Valen team members, and 3rd party data providers, to develop, maintain, and enhance our data engineering capabilities in support of our data and predictive analytic offerings to the market.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will be responsible to identify, acquire, validate, cleanse, and produce data and datasets to be used in advanced analytics and predictive modeling initiatives by our customers and internal teams. How is this accomplished? By combining data processing experience with software engineering concepts into solutions that are hosted in our cloud-based platform, InsureRight.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop technical solutions to improve data and data usage
- Troubleshoot basic data and data engineering issues
- Perform database and data schema design and maintenance
- Perform data cleansing and validation
- Process and interpret data sets
- Develop reports, dashboards, and tools for business and data science users
- Stay up-to-date on industry and job-related trends and best practices, including reading relevant publications, articles, blogs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 2 years’ Data Engineering experience with TSQL, python, map reduce or functional programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related computational/quantitative field
- Reporting/data warehousing experience
- Working knowledge of:
- Databases/data structures
- XML, JSON
- Data visualization software and tools
- Version Control Systems
- Programming and scripting
- MS Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities or tasks
- Collaborate with team members in the development and maintenance of our solutions
- Identify opportunities to automate data engineering tasks and workflow
- Fostering continuous delivery pipelines and managing and maintaining metadata
- Insurance industry knowledge or experience with insurance data a plus
In this role you will leverage the following tools and platforms:
|· Microsoft SQL Server
|· Microsoft SSIS
· BIRST BI
· Valen InsureRight platform
What you’ll get:
RTD EcoPass | Collaborative Culture | Competitive Salary
Flexible Hours | Growth Opportunities | Generous Time Off
Comprehensive Benefits | 401K Matching | Great Location
The Valen Team
Valen’s mission is to help our clients achieve their goals and solve problems by leveraging data to make more informed decisions.
Guide Customer Success: We relentlessly pursue making our customers successful.
Live the Golden Rule: We treat our customers, employees, vendors and shareholders how we expect to be treated as customers, employees, vendors and shareholders…period.
Be Agile: Valen is a test and learn environment. We organize everything we do around our customer’s success to provide something of value quickly. We learn and then adapt. Then, we learn some more.
Have Fun: We have great attitudes and we have FUN. We do not take ourselves too seriously, we celebrate our successes and we enjoy our work. Most of all, we live passionately.
Embrace Simplicity: We endeavor to make EVERYTHING we provide our customers ridiculously easy.
Expect Ownership: At Valen we take responsibility for our actions and we build trusting relationships by making and meeting our commitments.
Does Valen sound like the right place for you? If yes, then submit your application today for immediate consideration.
Thank you for your interest in Valen; only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Insurity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer