Join a high performing and rapidly growing team
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on Valen’s unique industry-wide consortium data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers. If you want to help build an industry-changing company and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where the only rule is to WOW customers, colleagues and shareholders, then we encourage you to submit your resume. This is not a job. It is an opportunity to advance your career by helping to build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
We are currently looking to fill the following position in our Denver, CO office:
As a Data Scientist, you will be an integral part of Valen’s product development and delivery teams, working closely and collaboratively with Valen insurance domain experts, data analysts, engineers and customers. You will develop highly robust predictive models that provide significant and measurable results for our customers. Additionally, you will partner with the sales and marketing teams to perform and deliver modeling proof-of-concepts and retro-tests, as well as to help shape and deliver compelling product performance reads, product and concept education and value proposition messaging.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct advanced analytics activities leveraging predictive modeling, machine learning, simulation, optimization, and other techniques to deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Effectively represent the Data Science group in a collaborative environment to execute on company goals.
- Support Subject Matter Experts on efforts to develop scalable and robust solutions.
- Translate complex analytical and technical concepts for non-technical team members to enable understanding and drive informed business decisions.
- Stay up-to-date on industry and job-related trends and best practices, including reading relevant publications, articles, blogs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative field
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in an analytics role, focusing on statistical modeling or machine learning
- 2+ years hands-on experience with SAS, R, Python or similar statistical package
- Experience in communicating modeling procedure and results to non-experts
- System knowledge required:
- Statistical modeling software
- Data visualization software and tools
- MS Office Suite
- Version Control Systems
- Databases/data structures
- Fundamental understanding of programming and scripting experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities or tasks
- Proficient analytical and critical thinking skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics or similar quantitative field
- Advanced competency and expertise in at least one Statistics Package (SAS, R, Python) with exposure in additional languages
- Predictive modeling experience in the Insurance industry
What you’ll get:
RTD EcoPass | Collaborative Culture | Competitive Salary
Flexible Hours | Growth Opportunities | Generous Time Off
Comprehensive Benefits | 401K Matching | Great Location
The Valen Team
Valen’s mission is to help our clients achieve their goals and solve problems by leveraging data to make more informed decisions.
Guide Customer Success: We relentlessly pursue making our customers successful.
Live the Golden Rule: We treat our customers, employees, vendors and shareholders how we expect to be treated as customers, employees, vendors and shareholders…period.
Be Agile: Valen is a test and learn environment. We organize everything we do around our customer’s success to provide something of value quickly. We learn and then adapt. Then, we learn some more.
Have Fun: We have great attitudes and we have FUN. We do not take ourselves too seriously, we celebrate our successes and we enjoy our work. Most of all, we live passionately.
Embrace Simplicity: We endeavor to make EVERYTHING we provide our customers ridiculously easy.
Expect Ownership: At Valen we take responsibility for our actions and we build trusting relationships by making and meeting our commitments.
Does Valen sound like the right place for you? If yes, then submit your application today for immediate consideration.
Thank you for your interest in Valen; only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Insurity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer