Join a high performing and rapidly growing team
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on our unique industry-wide contributory data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers. By joining Valen you will have the opportunity to help build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
As a Client Relationship Executive, you will represent our customers to all Valen teams. You will do this by gathering, clearly documenting, and answering questions regarding expected scope for customer projects. You will coordinate communication between the customer and team members at Valen while working with a Scrum Master to ensure customer deliverables are completed on-time, within scope, and to the complete satisfaction of our customers. Upon completion of any project, you will continue to work with the customer to ensure their complete satisfaction. You will work with the customer to gain adoption of our solutions and enable their complete strategic and daily success with predictive analytics.
- Develop long-term trusted relationships with key client stakeholders
- Work with Sales to structure and close client renewal contracts
- Align on strategic objectives with clients and deliver identified client strategic directives
- Identify and lead initiatives to maintain and manage client expectations and satisfaction
- Have an accurate and current understanding of key projects and issues for all clients within assigned scope of responsibility
- Ensure appropriate management of and communication to stakeholders of key projects and issues for all clients within assigned scope of responsibility
- Drive and implement improvements in the use of client-facing tools
- Review meeting materials for client messaging and strategic goals
- Review and revise minutes / actions from meetings. Drive follow-up actions items from meetings
- Ensure contract compliance and accurate billing
- Perform Client Portfolio management
- Ensure consistent application of Client Relationship best practices
- Improve and enforce cross-squad Client Relationship and delivery processes to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Advocate for clients in Product Roadmap discussions
- Actively assess quality and effectiveness of client interaction points and working processes impacting client experience. Work with stakeholders to apply continuous improvement
- Participate in internal strategic client discussions
- Apply the principles in the Agile Manifesto. Create an internal environment built on mutual respect and trust to empower, motivate, and support individuals on the project to enable them to deliver the best results possible
- Encourage squad and cross-functional resources to self-organize to help foster innovative practice
- Open communication with squad and cross-functional resources on customer’s strategic objectives
- Collaborate with the squad and cross-functional resources to estimate the effort for the identified scope
- Manage team capacity and ensure a balanced workload among multiple competing needs
- Proactively identify resource needs. Work with internal stakeholders to secure resources while balancing company strategic objectives and goals
- Recognize internal risks and issues as early as possible and proactively manage and resolve them to ensure timely resolution
- Demonstrate peer leadership and interpersonal relationship/communication skills
- Joint commitment and accountability facilitation
- Maintain a productive professional presence in all interactions
- Work effectively with executive stakeholders
- Project Management
- Time management including work planning, prioritization, and organization
- Scope management to ensure projects are on time and within budget
- Risk and issues management including identification, tracking, and mitigation
- Cost management, including estimating, budgeting, and control
- Change management
- Conflict management and resolution skills to help manage expectations
- Strong verbal communication skills across diverse set of roles including executives, managers, underwriters, actuaries, IT personnel, and Valen technical team members
- Excellent written communication skills demonstrating the ability to create succinct, compelling, audience relevant, objective oriented written documentation
- Meeting facilitation and management
- Software Development
- Key Abilities / Traits
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Active listener
- Ability to collaborate and work autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable
- Sound judgment
- Preferred: Understanding of P&C Insurance Underwriting and Claim processing
- 6+ years in a project management, customer engagement, or similar role
- 4-year degree
Valen builds data consortiums and predictive models that help insurance companies select and price insurance policies. Valen’s primary product, InsureRight Platform, allows insurers to improve underwriting profits. InsureRight includes two components:
- Manage: A portfolio management tool for executives and underwriting managers
- Predict: A risk selection and pricing tool for underwriters
Valen primarily serves the following insurance lines of business: workers’ compensation, commercial auto, commercial package, business owner policy (BOP), personal auto and homeowners.
The Valen Team
Valen’s mission is to help our clients achieve their goals and solve problems by leveraging data to make more informed decisions.
Guide Customer Success: We relentlessly pursue making our customers successful.
Live the Golden Rule: We treat our customers, employees, vendors and shareholders how we expect to be treated as customers, employees, vendors and shareholders…period.
Be Agile: Valen is a test and learn environment. We organize everything we do around our customer’s success to provide something of value quickly. We learn and then adapt. Then, we learn some more.
Have Fun: We have great attitudes and we have FUN. We do not take ourselves too seriously, we celebrate our successes and we enjoy our work. Most of all, we live passionately.
Embrace Simplicity: We endeavor to make EVERYTHING we provide our customers ridiculously easy.
Expect Ownership: At Valen we take responsibility for our actions and we build trusting relationships by making and meeting our commitments.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org