Join a high performing and rapidly growing team
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on our unique industry-wide contributory data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers. By joining Valen you will have the opportunity to help build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
As an Engagement Manager, you will represent our customers to all Valen teams. You will do this by gathering, clearly documenting, and answering questions regarding expected scope for customer projects. You will coordinate communication between the customer and team members at Valen while working with a Scrum Master to ensure customer deliverables are completed on-time, within scope, and to the complete satisfaction of our customers. Upon completion of any project, you will continue to work with the customer to ensure their complete satisfaction. You will work with the customer to gain adoption of our solutions and enable their complete strategic and daily success with predictive analytics.
- Advocate for our customers
- Understand customer needs and documenting those needs to the Valen team
- Clarify and manage scope for the team while representing the customer in those efforts
- Collaborate with the team to estimate the effort for the identified scope
- Provide ‘done when’ definitions and criteria for all stakeholders including customers
- Review and approve completed deliverables with all stakeholders including customers
- Ensure the customer always knows what is going on and is completely satisfied
- Work with multiple customers at a time
- Strong verbal communication skills across diverse set of roles including executives, managers, underwriters, actuaries, IT personnel, and Valen technical team members
- Strong conflict resolution skills to help manage expectations
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills enabling you to be actively engaged with several customers at a time
- Ability to work in and manage processes for cross-functional teams
- Preferred: Rich understanding of Insurance Underwriting and Claim processing
- 6+ years in a project management, customer engagement, or similar role
- 4-year degree
- Preferred: Experience working within the insurance industry
Valen builds data consortiums and predictive models that help insurance companies select and price insurance policies. Valen’s primary product, InsureRight Platform, allows insurers to improve underwriting profits. InsureRight includes two components:
- Manage: A portfolio management tool for executives and underwriting managers
- Predict: A risk selection and pricing tool for underwriters
Valen primarily serves the following insurance lines of business: workers’ compensation, commercial auto, commercial package, business owner policy (BOP), personal auto and homeowners.
The Valen Team
Valen’s mission is to help our clients achieve their goals and solve problems by leveraging data to make more informed decisions.
Members of the Valen team live our core values. If this matches the environment you are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you.
Guide Customer Success: We relentlessly pursue making our customers successful.
Live the Golden Rule: We treat our customers, employees, vendors and shareholders how we expect to be treated as customers, employees, vendors and shareholders…period.
Be Agile: Valen is a test and learn environment. We organize everything we do around our customer’s success to provide something of value quickly. We learn and then adapt. Then, we learn some more.
Have Fun: We have great attitudes and we have FUN. We do not take ourselves too seriously, we celebrate our successes and we enjoy our work. Most of all, we live passionately.
Embrace Simplicity: We endeavor to make EVERYTHING we provide our customers ridiculously easy.
Expect Ownership: At Valen we take responsibility for our actions and we build trusting relationships by making and meeting our commitments.