Join a high performing and rapidly growing team
Valen Analytics is a rapidly expanding advanced data and predictive analytics company headquartered in downtown Denver. Valen’s state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling products are built on Valen’s unique industry-wide consortium data platform, specifically designed for property and casualty insurance carriers. If you want to help build an industry-changing company and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where the only rule is to WOW customers, colleagues and shareholders, then we encourage you to submit your resume. This is not a job. It is an opportunity to advance your career by helping to build an innovative, growing and highly respected organization. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and passionate about being successful and absolutely committed to making Valen successful.
We are currently looking to fill the following position in our Denver, CO office:
Valen is seeking candidates with strong enterprise software development backgrounds to join our software engineering team and contribute to the design and development of our InsureRight platform. We are looking for bright, motivated software developers who love computer science engineering, are willing to test, learn, and grow with the Valen team, and do whatever it takes to make our customers successful.
The engineering team is expanding our InsureRight platform. InsureRight is Valen’s hosted software platform built on virtualization and containerization technologies with a modern service-based messaging architecture that is scalable and continuously deployable. InsureRight enables Valen customers to govern data and host predictive analytic models for real-time integration into business workflows.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design solutions to routine problems/defects independently
- Participate in team design sessions for large-scale development
- Able to understand and develop use cases to supplement business cases for technical development items
- Follows Insurity standards for coding, documentation and impact assessments
- Provides in-depth technical troubleshooting and defect remediation for client, BA and QA reported problems requiring a high degree of technical expertise
- Develop technical documentation for software solutions for targeted audience, which may include external clients
- Develop solutions for moderately complex problems and enhancements individually or leading a small team
- Estimate and plan projects and solutions of moderate complexity
- Write code and unit tests according to Insurity standards, following an approved technical solution, for moderately complex enhancements and bug fixes
- Develop unit tests for code changes and assigned use cases
- Work with QA to identify impact and assist with test case development
- Implement and test complex business rules
- Create scripting for application configuration functions in support of client projects
- Able to comment code
- Create an impact assessment doc
- Prepare and present a technical solution e.g. with PowerPoint
- Stay up-to-date on industry and job-related trends and best practices, including reading relevant publications, articles, blogs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Our tech stack:
- Continuous Delivery
- Agile Software Development (SCRUM/KANBAN)
- Test-Driven Development
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related field
- Minimum 5 years’ of software engineering work experience developing enterprise software applications
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering a plus
- Experience in predictive analytics, numerical analysis, data modeling, or data warehousing a plus.
- Limited travel to clients, prospects and partners.
What you’ll get:
RTD EcoPass | Collaborative Culture | Competitive Salary
Flexible Hours | Growth Opportunities | Generous Time Off
Comprehensive Benefits | 401K Matching | Great Location
The Valen Team
Valen’s mission is to help our clients achieve their goals and solve problems by leveraging data to make more informed decisions.
Guide Customer Success: We relentlessly pursue making our customers successful.
Live the Golden Rule: We treat our customers, employees, vendors and shareholders how we expect to be treated as customers, employees, vendors and shareholders…period.
Be Agile: Valen is a test and learn environment. We organize everything we do around our customer’s success to provide something of value quickly. We learn and then adapt. Then, we learn some more.
Have Fun: We have great attitudes and we have FUN. We do not take ourselves too seriously, we celebrate our successes and we enjoy our work. Most of all, we live passionately.
Embrace Simplicity: We endeavor to make EVERYTHING we provide our customers ridiculously easy.
Expect Ownership: At Valen we take responsibility for our actions and we build trusting relationships by making and meeting our commitments.
Does Valen sound like the right place for you? If yes, then submit your application today for immediate consideration.
Thank you for your interest in Valen; only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Insurity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer